Happy New Year 2022!
It’s about that time again to prepare for your quarterly superannuation guarantee (SG) contribution lodgement and payment due on 28th January 2022.
Here’s what you need to review:
- Have you allocated all payroll related bank transactions to the correct accounts?
- Have you checked for errors such as duplicate pay runs?
- Have you checked that all payroll categories used this quarter have had super correctly applied or excluded?
- Have you checked superannuation accrual reports for accuracy?
- Do you have any salary sacrifice amounts to include?
- Have you had to make any termination payments this quarter? If so, check which payroll categories should have super calculated or exempted.
- Do you have complete and up-to-date contact details and a super choice form for all employees?
- If new employees have not provided super choice details, have you checked with the ATO for stapled super fund details you can pay into?
Most superannuation clearing houses (including SuperStream compliant software companies) require payment by the 14th of the month in order to transfer the funds to the relevant super funds for each employee.
If you use the ATO Small business Clearing House (SBSCH) you have until the 28th to lodge and pay.
Checking the figures thoroughly each quarter ensures that you report and pay accurate amounts for each employee. You will also have a more accurate picture of your superannuation liability and be able to plan accordingly.
REMEMBER: To make your payments on time to avoid penalties and get your tax deduction.
Superannuation calculations can be prone to errors if your payroll software is not set up for correct accruals of superannuation guarantee. Talk to us. We can help review your super setup and the SG accounts used in your accounting software. Call us today